vamom7678

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Cut down all the trees and put up a parking lot......





I actually thought of this song when I saw this today.

I had gone to a meeting this morning and the speaker was someone from the Audubon society. Talked about to have more natural plants in the yard, more native plants, less invasive ground cover, such as ivy and kudzu. Then he talked about trees and where the birds live and how some dead trees are needed for them to live in and eat the bugs out of...it really was an interesting talk.

Then I leave and drive around to get some pictures for the way to many groups that I have signed up for to post photos , anyway...I drive down this one road and see this big red machine picking up trees and putting them in a shredder, I think I took about 50 pictures and then the yellow machine comes around with more trees, they are clearing a plot of land to build 3 million dollar plus homes....

It was just interesting to see and then think about what I had just heard .

I went back a few hours later and the pile was much smaller, you can see the shredder in this picture.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home