vamom7678

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas Time?

The Christmas dinner question was " Does it seem like Christmas?" and the response from all was "NO". "Why" I asked. It has been warm, no snow, can shop online for presents, (meaning no interaction with people in the malls), Christmas items are out right after Halloween...all very good replies.

I tried to get into the spirit. I went to several functions during the day, when things were decorated for Christmas, I went to the White House, I played Christmas music.Went to a garden shop and walked through rows of Christmas flowers and decorations.....just didn't work for me and I'm not sure why.

It was so wonderful to have everyone at our house this Christmas. Presents were opened, breakfast was had. Then we went to a movie. Rainy day, but great to all be together.

Fun having a dog in the house , I think we all enjoyed that.

Everyone leaves tomorrow and then the down slide to the new year.

Hope all the Holidailies had a great Christmas.

2 Comments:

  • Not everyone said no, if you recall correctly.
    Sometimes the best way to make it feel like Christmas is to let yourself be taken over by the Christmas spirit.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Tue Dec 26, 08:09:00 AM GMT-5  

  • I tried really hard to do that, and felt like I had most of the time, but for some reason it was harder this year

    By Blogger Her eyes East, at Tue Dec 26, 07:11:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home