vamom7678

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Fruit in the mail....

I received a gift in the mail today. The box was laying on the driveway near the garage door. Heavy and awkward to carry , I brought it into the house. I opened the outer box and noticed a sweet fruity smell. The corner of the box was a little wet..not a good sign. When I opened the box, it looked like it had exploded inside. Apples and pears. Most of the pears were all mushy. The pulp was all over the apples. I was able to salvage about 6 of the apples. How sad, and what a waste both of food and money. It weighed about 12 lbs, so I know it wasn't cheap to send UPS. My sister also got the same gift, she had 3 times the amount that I did. This did not come from a name brand company that ships fruit, that is wrapped in tissue and nestled in shredded paper. This looked like a box that was purchased at a school function or a grocery store and just put in a box and mailed...no thought was put into the fact that it would be tossed around. This was our Christmas gift from my baby sister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home