vamom7678

Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas meme

I'll be busy today, so here is something I did in the car on the ride back from TN:

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate....not a fan of the nog

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa puts unwrapped toys under the tree. This was an issue when we first started doing Santa. He doesn't have time to wrap presents. Just throws them in the bag and he's off on his sleigh.DH put a wrapped present under the tree when the girls were little and the From: was from Santa....76 picked up on that right away.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? House white/Tree colored

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No

6. What is your favorite holiday dish. Nothing specific. Home made "Nut and Bolts" make me think of the holidays. I like a Breakfast Casserole for Christmas morning.

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Can remember daddy coming home Christmas morning from working the previous 24 hours as a firefighter and smelling like wet smokey wood. I"ll never forget that smell.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Was about 10 years old. I'm 9 and 11 years older than my youngest brother and sister, so there was a baby in the house for a long time, and no reason not to believe. My mom was glad when I stopped , because then I was able to be more help for her during the holidays.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? I didn't grow up that way, but DH did. So we'd let 76 and 78 open a gift...it was always pajamas to wear that night.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Ornaments colleted over the years. Plastic candy canes that have been put on the tree for 32 years.

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Love it when I don't have to go anywhere and don't have to worry about other family members being out in it.

12. Can you ice skate? Yep.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I like a picture of me when I was little that 78 did and a painting with a poem that 76 did for me. I do love the camera I got for Christmas last year .

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Being with family

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? No real favorite.....home made cookies work for me

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? We put the stocking outside the bedroom door for Santa to fill. I grew up without a chimney and this is what I did as a child. It also gave the parents a little longer to sleep, because you could wake up and see what was in your stocking first.

17. What tops your tree? an Angel

18. Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Giving to others who expect nothing

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Noel

20. Candy canes? I can take them or leave them...one during the season is enough

21. Favorite Christmas movie? The Christmas Story

22. What do you leave for Santa? Nothing currently..used to be Milk and Cookies. Never really did that reindeer thing

A. Fixing Bikes. There were years when things did have to be put together .

B. Popcorn: Not for Christmas, not on the tree

C. Caroling Door to Door: I did this when we lived in CT, and when we first moved to VA

D. Wearing Santa Hats in Public: I might , but probably not

E. Wreaths: I like them on the front door, but with our current door we can't put one up :-(

F: Outdoor Displays: Lights on the bushes by the door, sometimes other lights in the yard in the shape of a tree, not every year


Christmas meme borrowed from :msflutterbye's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home