vamom7678

Saturday, November 11, 2006

#11 on 11/11




What a beautiful day today was for November. Sunny and warm.
Bikerman and I wanted to go on a motorcycle ride since it was sooooo nice. I had signed up to donate blood this morning at 9:30, and figured we'd be on the road for the ride around 10ish..nope I was sitting in the chair at 10, then we were outta there! after some slight fluid intake and a nummy.

We left Oakton and headed out to The Plains for lunch . Sounds good right? Well while zooming along the back roads of Middleburg I started feeling like ca-ca. Headache, light headed, nauseated...not a good feeling when wearing a full face helmet. Deep breathing. Happy thoughts , anything to make it go away. Wishing we had brought a bottle of water, I finally had to have bikerman pull over in a school parking lot in the shade, take off the helmet,and jacket and just lie down. I think it was a combination of lowering my blood volume, heat, and probably some dehydration. After laying there for a few minutes and cooling down, I felt a lot better, and we continued on our ride. We made it to The Plains and had lunch at the Rail Stop, and while we were eating the proprietor walked in...He is a resident of The Plains and one-time co-owner of the Rail Stop. Though he sold his interest in the business 2 1/2 years ago he continues to take his meals here, as often as five times a week when he's not off playing another character.
..how cool was that!?!?!?! He really looked good.

We finished the ride and came home and finished some chores we both needed to do.

I was surprised at how crappy I have felt the rest of the day though. I kept going, but I really have had to push myself. It really takes a lot to make me stop and lay down for a few minutes, but this has done it. Glad there is another day of the week-end.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home