vamom7678

Sunday, November 26, 2006

A Major Leak!!!

We, meaning I, noticed a little bit of water in the basement Thanksgiving evening. Just little drips, but it was from the main valve coming into the house, in other words, water under pressure...not a good thing.Wiped it up and put a bucket under it. We called a plumber, not as an emergency, but to have them come out since it was the main pipe. DH tried to tighten it a little.....don't do that.......the fitting is plastic, one of the ones that has broken in other houses and flooded them.....eek. I am kind of in a panic mode, I think I hear running water all the time.

Looks like we will have some digging going on this coming week. They will come back out on Monday and give us an estimate, (like we're suppose to shop around for this), just do it before it really starts leaking. The drips have increased, so I'm a little concerned every time we leave the house, and I hear things all the time when the house it quiet...I just want it fixed!!! Soon and before all the Holiday things start.

I called them again this morning. I think the drips are dripping faster, kind of, maybe, anyway I told the girl that when they come out on Monday, it needs to be in the "we're going to do it mode" and not the "hmm, this needs to be done and we can do it Thursday mode" It would be nice to get this done without it being a true emergency which falls into another $$$ level.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home