vamom7678

Friday, December 08, 2006

Now I know why....

Just kinda been in a mood the past week or so. Wasn't sure why. Plenty of time to shop, cook, clean and decorate the house.Looking forward to all the company in the house. But something just hasn't been right . Well today while wrapping gifts to take home and playing Christmas music I now know why.

I don't get to go to New York City this year.

I really enjoyed going and seeing the tree and all the hustle bustle in NYC. I've always gone with VAMOM's 78, but this year we won't be going :-(


I understand why, I'm a big girl you know. I've thought about going up by myself, but I'm not really sure I'm that adventurous, plus that's not really all that much fun.I walk around the house and talk to myself. I think people would look at me funny if I walked around New York City and talked to myself. DH would go, but that would be like going by myself and dragging him around....not fun. I like to go and stand in Times Square at night and just look...he walks through and looks. So I'd rather not go at all than do that.

Last year was fun, we rode the train up, had a list of places to see and eat at that we had found online. We spent the night at a funky little hotel.Had tea, cupcakes and shopped. Fun,fun, fun. So glad we took the time and stayed the extra day.Such fun memories.

Oh well, at least my birthday wishes for the past several years have come true, both 76 and 78 , now have someone to love and who loves them.

...and now that I know why...I'll get over it.

2 Comments:

  • believe me, I'm missing our annual NYC trip too. all of the preplanning and email exchanges of "oooh, let's go here!" and "we HAVE to try this!" In a way it replaced our annual VA beach trips we used to take. maybe there will be time for a trip next year - a quick weekend where we meet in NYC and have tea and cupcakes :)

    looking forward to seeing you in a few more weeks!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Dec 08, 03:31:00 PM GMT-5  

  • Linda says...

    sorry you are going to miss out on that special time you spent with one another NYC. :(

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Fri Dec 08, 06:53:00 PM GMT-5  

Post a Comment

<< Home